Facebook is one of the most visited websites worldwide, and gets a high percentage of the world’s internet traffic. Its no wonder that Network Marketers have embraced the idea of prospecting on Facebook in order to generate leads for their business.
Like in most things, there is a right way and a wrong way to prospect on Facebook. Sadly, most network marketers are very brash and unprofessional in the way they prospect on Facebook. In fact the way I have been approached on Facebook by some people was enough to just make me do this….
As a network marketing professional here are 6 tips on how to prospect effectively on Facebook:
- The best way to find new prospects is to join groups on personal development and personal finance such as Rich Dad, Bob Proctor, Robert Kiyosaki, etc
- When you see a prospect and send them a friend request…include a message such as “Hi Don…I liked your comment on Robert Kiyosakis page. I’m looking to connect with like minded people”. Please, please do not just add them randomly on Facebook. If they reject your friend request, facebook monitors that.
- Build relationships with people. Ask them about themselves and LEAD WITH VALUE. Don’t send an unsolicited link to them.
- Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT Spam peoples walls, or posts with links to your opportunity. It makes you a spammer, and it makes you look like an idiot. If people mark your posts as spam often enough, Facebook will penalize you. Its that simple.
- Do not pitch too soon. I accepted a friend request from someone I didn’t know, and the next thing is to tell me about one “Hot new deal” prelaunching and all that, and all I could do is shake my head in disbelief and reply “How’s that working for you”?
- Facebook does not want you promoting stuff on your profile. Create a page if you want to promote your business. If you post on your profile, and people keep marking as spam, it will attract Facebook’s attention, and might be put in Facebook jail.
Here is a video where I explain further.
Please if you got value, SHARE on social media, like, and drop me a comment.
If you want to know how to build your business on social media, click on the link below my email address.Did This Blog Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook and other social media.
Adewale Adebusoye's MLM and Internet Marketing Blog
Follow me on Instagram: @adebusoye